Technical Field Services
Clarksville, TN, USA
Journeyman Electrician, NETA II/III, Electrical, Senior Field Engineer, Protection Relay Technician, Electrical Technologist, Electrical Technician, Technical Field Services, Electrical Test Technician, Field Engineer
January 13, 2023
The Electrical Test Technician is expected to inspect, test, troubleshoot, service, repair and maintain various types of power distribution system equipment. The ideal candidate will be a NETA Level II or III or eligible to become a NETA certified technician.
· Provide industry-best customer service- always exceed the customer’s expectations
· Assume emergency on-call duties and if required, respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner
· Contribute to a safe work environment; adhere to all safety polices both those outlined in the company safety manual as well as customer safety guidelines
· Exhibit a positive collaborative attitude
· Inspect, test, troubleshoot, service, repair and maintain low, medium, high voltage electrical system equipment
· Setup and perform electrical tests on the following equipment:
o Transformers - power factor, TTR, winding resistance, insulation resistance, excitation and oil analysis
o MV and HV conductors – VLF Tan Delta, Partial Discharge, VLF Withstand, DC Hipot Withstand
o Circuit Breakers – primary injection, secondary injection, contact resistance, insulation resistance
o Automatic Transfer Switch – troubleshooting
o Switchgear - Low, Medium and High voltage testing and maintenance
o Relays – electromechanical and solid-state testing
· Perform required/assigned testing
· Properly check in and check out test equipment utilizing the company provided system reporting any damaged or unusable equipment
· Treat all company provided assets as if they were your own
· Prepare and submit daily reports outlining job progress/completion
· Review and submit all company administrative paperwork in a timely manner
· Develop client relationships thorough client interface onsite
· Identify service opportunities for clients and communicate them to the Manager
Training and Personal Development
· Be a continuous learner
· Integrate junior employees into projects and provide coaching and mentoring on the job
· Complete all assigned company training in a timely manner
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Willingness to work flexible schedule including overtime, evening, weekends, holidays and night hours as required
· Drive daily, locally/regionally and be available for periodic overnight travel
· Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
· Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED equivalent required
· Pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and reference check
· Maintain a current valid driver’s license and good driving record
· Eligibility to work in the US without need for employer sponsored VISA (work permit)
· Prolonged periods (10 hour) of standing, lifting, and carrying materials
· Must be able to perform physical labor including reaching, twisting, bending, grasping, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crouching, stooping, and lifting.
· Must be able to perform work outdoors in all types of weather.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds at a time.
· Must have good hand/eye coordination
· Must be in good physical condition and have good motor skills.
· Ability and willingness to wear Arc-Flash suit, fall protection harness, safety boots, safety glasses, hearing protection, hard hats, respirator, and additional personal protective equipment.
· Physically able to work with heavy tools and equipment at heights.
· Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
· Two-year vocational or post-high school program in electrical trades or industrial electricity.
· Associate degree in technology from an accredited 2-year technical college or similar military experience/training
· Experience performing medium voltage splicing and terminations
· Experience with installation of switchgear and transformers
· Ability to read one-line and control diagrams
· Computer skills including email, internet, data entry and Microsoft Office products
· NETA certification (2 or 3)
· 5 plus years’ experience working on commercial and industrial electrical projects
· 5 plus years’ hands-on experience utilizing industrial electrical test equipment
· OSHA 10, OSHA 30, NFPA 70-E training
· Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
We thank all interested applicants however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Magna IV Engineering is a power & automation solutions provider, founded in 1982. We are specialists in Electrical Engineering, Automation Solutions, and Technical Field Services.
Our focus and robust team composition enables us to deliver superior client experiences across a host of industry segments. Some of our clients have been seeking our expertise since our inception.